Imagine vacationing here! Our home is located directly on the shoreline, and is perfect for those who do not or cannot walk down to the lake. Forget steps, or even flat lots with the home set far back. You are one with the water here! Wake up each morning to the sounds of the lake lapping water on the shore right outside your window. Imagine a home extending over the water – this is it!!
Our home features wide water views, stone fireplaces, vaulted wood ceilings, and a fenced yard for dogs and children.
Go straight from bedrooms and living areas to the decks & dock right over the water. The upper deck is like an extended living area since it extends out from the living room. It has a dining table and large sectional sofa, along with a bistro set.
At night, after you watch the wide water view sunset, relax by one of the stone fireplaces this home offers, reading your favorite book, playing games or putting together a puzzle. If it’s too warm for the indoor fireplaces, enjoy the outdoor fire pit with the lake lapping on the shore next to you! There is plenty of seating and firewood provided. Raining? No worries! Go down to the covered bottom deck which is part of the dock & enjoy the rain!
This house is centrally located on the lake by boat or car. It is near Virginia Dare Cruises & Marina and Smith Mountain Lake State Park. This is not your average rental property! It is equipped with all the amenities that you would expect in your own home. This home is managed and maintained by the owners, which visit the property at least every 2 weeks to make sure it is properly equipped and organized! Come visit our Dream Come True!
[Click on an image below to view the slideshow.]
3400 square feet / Sleeps 10 / 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms / 2-7 night minimum stay
- Bedroom 1 – 1 king sized bed; Very romantic large master bedroom with vaulted wooden ceiling and a fireplace!
- Bedroom 2 – 1 king sized bed; Wooden ceiling with a skylight.
- Bedroom 3 – 1 queen sized bed
- Bedroom 4 – 2 twin/single beds
- Bedroom 5 – 2 twin/single beds; This is a loft.
These are gorgeous large bedrooms, with spacious closets, and wood floors and ceilings! Linens and towels are provided at no extra charge (for summer rentals only). Port a crib available.
- Bathroom 1 – toilet, combination tub/shower; This romantic master bathroom has a Corian jetted/jacuzzi tub large enough for two people, and also features a skylight!
- Bathroom 2 – toilet, huge walk-in shower, double sinks.
- Bathroom 3 – toilet, combination tub/shower.
Our lake house uses solar water heating, so there is no problem with hot water!
The kitchen overlooks the water and is in the center of all of your activity. It comes fully equipped with the following: blender, coffee maker, dishes/utensils, cooking utensils (including Crock Pot, waffle iron, food processor, etc.), dishwasher, ice maker, microwave, oven, stove, toaster, refrigerator, and pantry items (spices & cooking basics)
- Outdoor table on the deck that extends from the living room seats 8.
- Dining room table seats 6.
- Extra table in the kitchen seats 4.
- Six foot folding table is available for use as needed.
- Child’s highchair available.
Game Room / Den
The game room/den offers a pool table/ping pong table, foosball, and Nintendo Wii with games. There is an extensive collection of books, games, toys and puzzles for all ages. Enjoy one of the many movies from the large video library on the 60” high definition flat screen TV with sound system. It also has a refrigerator and a circular poker table, which can be converted to a bumper pool table! You will never want to leave this home.
Outdoors / Parking
We have a large front porch that looks out to a wooded front yard. It has a table, chairs, and propane grill. Our home is situated on a quiet street and cove. We have plenty of parking available for boats, trailers, and cars on the property.
We have a fire pit by the lake, with wood provided, and there is a large fenced in yard for dogs and children.
Enjoy the views of the lake at the tiki bar, which includes a mini fridge on the lower deck. There is a large floating dock and a large stationary dock, and there is room for two boats. A ramp on shore makes access to the water easy for all!
Three kayaks (two single and one tandem) are located on-site. There is also a paddle boat, swim toys, and floats provided! This is a safe swimming area, and we are located in one of the best coves on Smith Mountain Lake!
- Pet Friendly: Yes – dogs only. Please no cats or puppies. Dog fee of $125/dog (2 dog maximum).
- Children: Yes – great for kids.
- Seniors: Yes
- Military Discount: Yes
- Smoking: No smoking
- Long Term Rentals: No
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Other Comments: Great for families! No walk to the lake since the home is directly on the water; so it is ideal for those that can’t walk far. Fenced in yard, so great for bringing your dogs!
- Permits: Our home has a Bedford County septic permit for 5 bedrooms, therefore allowing us to sleep 10 people over the age of 2 (under the age of 2 does not have to be counted). We have also had our home inspected by Bedford County for the correct number of fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers. Therefore, we have met the requirements set by Bedford County to allow short term rentals in our home.
- This house has trash pick-up once a week. No more carting trash to dumpster sites!!
- We have high speed wireless Internet & cable with Xfinity
- There is a washing machine/dryer on site in the garage.
- The propane tank for the grill is always full! There is one full back up, and one on the grill. They are filled up between renters by the home owners or home manager.
Ready to Book Your Stay?
If you are ready to book your stay with us, please give us a call at (336) 337-0815 or book with us online on the Virginia Vacation Rentals website by clicking HERE . While there, you can also find more information about additional amenities, policies, and fees/rates.
Take a look at some of the fun waiting to be had at Dream Come True Lake House! This video was created by one of our guests.
What a majestic sight to see! This was filmed from our upper deck.